Do Babies And Belly Button Rings Mix?

When it comes to belly button rings, like it or not, you are going to have some issues both before and after your pregnancy. Yes it's possible but is it good?

Browse the internet regarding pregnancy and navel piercings and you will find plenty of both positive and negative comments including things like:

* I had no problems. I put a pregnancy post in and made it through just fine.

* I took my belly button ring out during pregnancy. The piercing closed up and I had to have it redone.

* I have a mess on my hands. Stretch marks, scars and now I need plastic surgery to fix everything.

Everyone has a different experience but you have to consider that sometimes it's not just getting through the pregnancy, there is an afterwards to deal with also. It can't hurt to ask yourself these questions before you sign up for a navel piercing:

1. Do I plan or hope to have more than one child? It could be more difficult to keep that belly button ring intact through multiple pregnancies.

2. Do I plan to nurse my babies? If yes, consider that you're going to be holding that child front and center for many months. Babies have a way of pulling on things and finding things you don't want them to.

3. Am I going to have time and energy to take care of my navel post-baby? You are going to have your hands full of diapers and milk and slobber and sometimes a shower is the only thing you will get accomplished in a day. Do you really want one more thing to worry about?

4. Am I okay with the fact that my belly may not look the same after baby!? You may never want to show off your body in that way again. But then again wanting to show off your belly button ring may be just the incentive you need to get back in shape.

Think about it. Babies and belly button rings may not mix by nature but only you can answer the question if that is okay with you.

An organization fanatic, Julie loves finding creative ways to set her home (and yours!) to rights with practical products and efficient problem-solving. Tackle your closet with closet organizers and visit Space Savers for other great products sure to help with your clutter problem.


Original article

No comments:

Blog Archive